[SCIP] Pleaseeee help me

Jakob Witzig witzig at zib.de
Sat Nov 28 13:14:56 CET 2015

Hi Berna,

have you already installed SCIP? If not, a tutorial can be found here:
http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/MAKE.php

Afterwards, you have to formulate your problem in a file format SCIP can
read. A list of all readable file formats can be found here:
http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/group__FILEREADERS.php

In your case it will be the easiest way to use the lp format. You can
read the description given by CPLEX:
http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/group__FILEREADERS.php. Since your problem
is very small you can use write the lp file by hand. If want to solve
larger problem you should use a modeling language, e.g., ZIMPL:
http://zimpl.zib.de/

After you have your lp file (or another file that can read by SCIP) you
should use the interactive shell: http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/SHELL.php

Please keep in mind, the mailing list and the community is not here to
do your homework. Before you write a mail please use the search
function:
https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=ZZhZVrXaJ8OK8Qf0o4awAw&gws_rd=ssl#q=site:listserv.zib.de%2Fpipermail%2Fscip
maybe your problem was already discussed and solved.
If you would like to discuss an approach, found a bug or you would like
to know whether your ideas can be realized with SCIP the community will
try there best to help you.

Best
Jakob

On 28.11.2015 12:21, b.atakbulbul at gmail.com wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to use Scip programme.
> I have read documents but I couldn't understand. I am very very confused.
> I started with a very easy problem, but I couldn't solve.
> Please help me.
>
> My first problem is :
>
> Furnco manufactures desks and chairs. Each desk uses 4 units of wood,
> and each chair uses 3 units of wood. A desk contributes $40 to profit,
> and a chair contributes $25. Marketing restrictions require that the
> number of chairs produced be at least twice the number of desks
> produced. There are 20 units of wood available.
>
> Determine a production plan that maximizes Furnco’s profit.
>

> I solved this problem by using Excel Solver and results :
>
> the number of chair : 2
>
> the number of desk : 2
>
> profit : 180
>

> How can I solve it by using Scip?
>

> Please help me,
>
> I am looking forward to your reply.
>
> Berna.

Jakob Witzig

Konrad-Zuse-Zentrum für
Informationstechnik Berlin (ZIB)

Division Mathematical Optimization and Scientific Information
Research Group Mathematical Optimization Methods

Takustrasse 7
14195 Berlin

Tel. : +49 (0)30 84185-416
Fax  : +49 (0)30 84185-269