[SCIP] Problem avoiding Farkas Pricing

Gerald Gamrath gamrath at zib.de
Tue Oct 6 22:25:31 CEST 2015

Dear Fernando,

Farkas pricing is called if and only if your restricted master LP is
infeasible. The Farkas multipliers actually give you a proof for this,
so you could verify that this is the case.

I don't know what could go wrong in your case. How do you add the
artificial variables? You should use SCIPaddVar() not
(SCIPaddPricedVar()) and mark them to be initial. In your PRICERFARKAS
callback, you could write the current problem (SCIPwriteTransProblem())
and see if this problem looks like you expect it to look. It might be
that some of the variables are not in the LP and need to be added to it
by SCIP automatically. In that case, the delay flag of your pricer
should be set to TRUE. And finally, domain propagation may fix your
artificial variables to 0 because of their high objective coefficient.
Please try to disable domain propagation by setting
propagating/maxroundsroot and propagating/maxrounds to 0.