[SCIP] Scip and pricer

Jonas Witt witt at or.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Oct 26 15:57:45 CET 2015

Hey Luca,

sorry for the late reply.
> I think I could include all the data structures and the methods for the
> pricer
> in a .h and include it in the pricer file for SCIP. Now I would like how to
> interface the SCIP structure (e.g. the SCIP type of the variable). For
> instance,
> I have a specific data structure for the column.
If you want to use GCG with your own pricer, you have to implement a
pricing problem solver as described in our documentation
(http://www.or.rwth-aachen.de/gcg/doc/PRICINGSOLVER.html). You could
include your data structures and methods in a file or create a static
library.
> I would like to pass to SCIP the column I generated with my pricer. Is it
> possible?
Yes, but you will have to map your column to a GCG_COL* data structure
(similar to SCIP_SOL*) by specifying the (non-zero) solution values of
the pricing problem variables.
> There is any example, in which it is used an "external" pricer, I mean a
> complex
> pricer written in C++.
You could have a look at the knapsack solver. It is not written in C++,
but in this solver a solution to a knapsack problem is mapped to a
GCG_COL*, which might be helpful.

If you have further questions regarding the implementation in GCG, you
can also write me a separate mail.

Cheers,
Jonas