[SCIP] Installation Problems

Jakob Witzig witzig at zib.de
Tue Sep 8 08:54:27 CEST 2015

Hi Levente,

how did you run the examples? Did you call "make GMP=false ZIMPL=false
test" ?

Best,
Jakob

On 09/08/15 08:28, Levente Sipeki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install SCIP on my personal computer. I have a mac OSX
> Yosemite.
> I downloaded the SCIP suite, extracted, tried to "make". I kept getting
> a "gmp.h" file not found.
> The "gmp.h" file is located in  /usr/local/include directory.
>
> I did have success installing SCIP with the following command:
> "make GMP=false ZIMPL=false"
>
> but running the examples gets the following error:
>
> ld: library not found for -lzimpl.darwin.x86_64.gnu.opt
>
> This error makes sense, because I disabled ZIMPL in the install but
> that's the only way I got the install to work. Any help would be
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Levente

Jakob Witzig

Konrad-Zuse-Zentrum für
Informationstechnik Berlin (ZIB)

Division Mathematical Optimization and Scientific Information
Research Group Mathematical Optimization Methods

Takustrasse 7
14195 Berlin

Tel. : +49 (0)30 84185-416
Fax  : +49 (0)30 84185-269