[SCIP] Method for reading problem with so many varibles

Matthias Miltenberger miltenberger at zib.de
Wed Apr 6 18:10:14 CEST 2016

Dear Katsuhiro Tanaka,

please verify that you don't exceed the memory of your machine. In
Windows open the Task Manager or System Monitor to see the currently
used memory. If you indeed run out of memory, I'm afraid we can't do
much to help you. You would need to model it differently or buy more
memory.

A problem with 700 variables, though, is not large - given that there
aren't millions of constraints, of course. SCIP should be able to handle
your problem. Maybe something's broken in the binary you're using. You
might want to try an older binary or one for another OS if you have
another machine to your disposal.

all the best
Matthias