[SCIP] How to understand the math formulation of the VRP example within the SCIP suite?

zhangtiancy at 163.com zhangtiancy at 163.com
Wed Apr 27 04:55:28 CEST 2016

Hi,

I'm learning the VRP example provided with the SCIP suite recently.

The description of the math model seems rather abstract and some symbols are not explained, which made it difficult for me to understand.

For example, what does the \delta(j) mean in the second constraint as presented in the webpage http://scip.zib.de/doc/examples/VRP/ ?

I tried to look at some textbooks and online documents on the VRP problem, but they all looks different from the formulation presented in that webpage.

Could anyone give me some instructions on how to make clear that model formulation?

Thank you in advance!

Sincerely,

Tianci