[SCIP] about providing the solution at SCIP_STAGE_PROBLEM

Jakob Witzig witzig at zib.de
Fri Apr 29 09:03:51 CEST 2016

Hi Feng Gao,

please compile SCIP in debug mode with 'make OPT=dbg' and run your code
again. In debug mode all assertions are enabled and you can see which
assertion fail before the segfault happens. If no assertion fails,
please have a look into the code where the segfault comes from. For this
you can use a debugger like gdb: 'gdb --args <your scip call>'.

Cheers,
Jakob

Am 29.04.2016 um 04:18 schrieb Feng Gao:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to provide the solution at SCIP_STAGE_PROBLEM, i.e., before
> I call SCIPsolve(scip).
> The problem is after I call SCIPcreateSol(...) and SCIPsetSolVal(...),
> the program gives "Segmentation fault" when I call SCIPaddSol(...),
> SCIPcheckSol(...), SCIPcheckSolOrig(...), SCIPtrySol(...), or
> SCIPtrySolFree(...).
>
> I am quite sure that the solution I provide is feasible. However, when I
> call these functions, they all give me only "Segmentation fault" but
> nothing else.
>
> What could go wrong when I set the solution? I would be very appreciated
> if anyone could give me a clue.
>
> Best,
>
> Feng Gao

Jakob Witzig

Zuse Institute Berlin (ZIB)

Division Mathematical Optimization and Scientific Information
Research Group Mathematical Optimization Methods

Takustrasse 7
14195 Berlin

Tel. : +49 (0)30 84185-416
Fax  : +49 (0)30 84185-269