[SCIP] "meta heuristic" question

Jakob Witzig witzig at zib.de
Mon Aug 15 14:50:24 CEST 2016

Hi James,

you could set the check-flag of your symmetry breaking constraints to
FALSE. Non-check constraints will not be checked to verify whether a
solution (obtained by some heuristic) is feasible or not.

I don't understand how an LP solution can be integer but infeasible
maybe I miss something. Do you mean infeasible wrt to your symmetry
breaking constraints? This should not happen when you mark these
constraint to be initial or separate.

Cheers,
Jakob

Am 15.08.2016 um 12:06 schrieb James Cussens:
> Dear SCIPers,
>
> I would like to write a primal heuristic which does the following. If
> any other heuristic proposes what turns out to be an infeasible
> solution, it takes that infeasible solution as input and generates a
> different (hopefully) feasible one. Ideally the same process would be
> invoked if the LP relaxation was integer (but infeasible).
>
> The rationale is as follows. I have added "symmetry breaking"
> constraints to my problem so that only one distinguished representative
> of a (possibly large) class of 'equivalent' solutions remains feasible.
> If a heuristic proposes one of these now infeasible equivalent solutions
> I want my "meta" heuristic to propose the distinguished representative.
>
> Is there a "nice" way to do this?
>
> James
>
> --
> James Cussens
> Dept of Computer Science &
> York Centre for Complex Systems Analysis
> Room 326, The Hub, Deramore Lane            Tel    +44 (0)1904 325371
> University of York                                        Fax  +44
> (0)1904 500159
> York YO10 5GE, UK                               http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/~jc
> http://www.york.ac.uk/docs/disclaimer/email.htm

Jakob Witzig

Zuse Institute Berlin (ZIB)

Division Mathematical Optimization and Scientific Information
Research Group Mathematical Optimization Methods

Takustrasse 7
14195 Berlin

Tel. : +49 (0)30 84185-416
Fax  : +49 (0)30 84185-269