[SCIP] "meta heuristic" question

James Cussens james.cussens at york.ac.uk
Mon Aug 15 12:06:02 CEST 2016

Dear SCIPers,

I would like to write a primal heuristic which does the following. If any
other heuristic proposes what turns out to be an infeasible solution, it
takes that infeasible solution as input and generates a different
(hopefully) feasible one. Ideally the same process would be invoked if the
LP relaxation was integer (but infeasible).

The rationale is as follows. I have added "symmetry breaking" constraints
to my problem so that only one distinguished representative of a (possibly
large) class of 'equivalent' solutions remains feasible. If a heuristic
proposes one of these now infeasible equivalent solutions I want my "meta"
heuristic to propose the distinguished representative.

Is there a "nice" way to do this?

James

--
James Cussens