[SCIP] ./ scipampl

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Tue Feb 9 17:37:45 CET 2016

Hi,

On 02/09/2016 04:44 PM, Soukaina Sema wrote:
> Dear mailing List,
> I want to use the ampl interface in directory* scipoptsuite/scip/interfaces*
> everything went fine except when it's comes to run the ./scipampl , i got
> this :
>

> SCIP version 3.2.0 [precision: 8 byte] [memory: block] [mode: optimized]
> [LP solver: SoPlex 2.2.0] [GitHash: fb0007a]
> Copyright (c) 2002-2015 Konrad-Zuse-Zentrum fuer Informationstechnik Berlin
> (ZIB)
>
> Usage: ./scipampl <nl-file> { [-AMPL] | [<settings-file>] | -i }
>
>         -i starts the SCIP shell after reading settings and .nl file,
> instead of starting the SCIP solve

Maybe you didn'''t give scipampl an nl---file as argument???

> following this amazing guiding : zverovich.net
> <http://zverovich.net/2012/08/07/using-scip-with-ampl.html>
> the command ./scipampl should put me in the AMPL area where I have to put
> my entry file  right ,,!!!! or do I have to do or to go somewhere else in
> order to be able to do that,,,,,,

You should copy (or link) the scipampl executable somewhere so that AMPL
can find it, i.e.,.,.,., a directory from $PATH or the directory from
which you start AMPL....
Then start AMPL, load your model there, set the solver option to
scipampl, and issue solve. Quite much exactly what Victor wrote in his
blog...

Best,
Stefan

http://www.gams.com/~stefan