[SCIP] Detect a feasible LP node with infeasible values

Wen-Yang Ku wku at mie.utoronto.ca
Thu Feb 18 00:15:55 CET 2016

Dear SCIP Community,

I have developed a constraint handler to ensure that an integer
variable does not take a list of specific integer values as its
solution. In the CONSENFOLP function, I first check if the LP solution
of this integer variable is on the list. If it's on the list, then I
return SCIP_INFEASIBLE. However sometimes I will run into a situation:
"ERROR: LP was solved, all integers fixed, some constraint still
infeasible, but no branching could be created!". I looked at solver.c
and it seems that a feasible LP solution with all integer values fixed
has to be feasible. So I am wondering if there is a way to detect such
a LP node so I can cut it off and avoid the error. I currently tried
to detect such nodes with SCIPgetNLPBranchCands(scip)==0 and count the
number of the variables that are fixed to integers, but it gives me
more nodes than what I expected.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Wen-Yang