[SCIP] QCP local Search and RENS

Timo Berthold berthold at zib.de
Fri Jan 15 10:22:23 CET 2016

Hi Ahmed,

there is a paragraph in the paper:
https://opus4.kobv.de/opus4-zib/frontdoor/index/index/docId/4761
and some more explanation in Stefan's PhD thesis:
http://edoc.hu-berlin.de/dissertationen/vigerske-stefan-2012-08-21/PDF/vigerske.pdf

The principle idea of the heuristic can be explained in one sentence:
If you find an MINLP-feasible solution (e.g. by MIP heuristics or from a
local branching subproblem), fix the integers to the value in this
solution, and solve the remaining NLP with global bounds (to local
optimality, though) in hope to find an even better solution.

Best regards,
Timo