[SCIP] Python interface on Windows OS

伍健 wujianw at stu.xjtu.edu.cn
Sat Jul 9 03:54:29 CEST 2016

Hi,  I have successful experience of building python interface of SCIP on
Windows, you may try following steps:1. Tools:  Windows 7 64bit edition, MSVC
2010, Python 2.7.11 official amd64 build, with cython, setuptools etc. related
modules installed.2. Building:  1> Slightly modify "setup_win.py', see
attached "setup_win.py";  2> Download SCIP-3.2.1 precompiled shared library
and source codes from scip.zib.de, I renamed the shared library to "libscipopt.
dll" and regenerated the import library just in correspondence with name of
library used in 'setup_win.py', put 'libscipopt.lib' in same path with '
setup_win.py' and 'libscipopt.dll' in PATH variable.  3> Create a simple
batch script in same path with 'setup_win.py", let's name it "buildpyscipopt.
bat", make sure 'vcvarsall.bat' is in PATH, or full path is required;    @echo
off  call vcvarsall.bat amd64  set INCLUDE=%INCLUDE%;..\..\src  python
setup_win.py config --compiler=msvc build --compiler=msvc bdist_wininst
double click 'buildpyscipopt.bat', find the installer in 'dist' subdirectory,
it should work.
P.S.   Test screenshoot of 'test_knapsack.py' and 'test_heur.py' is also
attached in zip file, installer tha I compiled can not be attached due to
security issue reported by google gmail.   I just built the python interface
but never use it, so full test was not performed, sorry for any possible
problems you may encountered. 	 Hope this help,    Wu Jian

Matthias Miltenberger д:
    Dear Dago,

    unfortunately, installing the Python interface on Windows is not
    that easy.

    Installing it requires to compile the Cython-generated C code and
    linking it to the SCIPOpt library. We didn't manage to get this set
    up correctly so currently we must say that Windows is not (yet)
    supported.

    We recently externalized the interface to GitHub for easier
    collaboration: https://github.com/SCIP-Interfaces/PySCIPOpt

    If you find a way to get it to work we would be very happy to accept
    your pull request on GitHub! Or at least discuss the issues you
    encountered.

    all the best

    Matthias

    On 07.07.2016 18:23, Dago Quevedo