[SCIP] Build subMIP during B&P process

Stephen J Maher maher at zib.de
Tue Mar 29 13:11:28 CEST 2016

Hi Kai,

The use of sub-MIPs to find improved primal feasible solutions can be
performed as a primal heuristic. This would involve writing a heuristics
plugin that will solve a sub-MIP you define. Good examples of sub-MIP
heuristics are RENS and RINS, with the source code contained in
heur_rens.c and heur_rins.c respectively.

If your sub-MIP will be a copy of the current MIP you are solving you
should call the SCIPcopy functions. In the case that you would like to
continue pricing in the sub-MIP it is necessary to set the copypricers
flag to TRUE. Alternatively, it is possible to define a sub-MIP from
scratch within the heuristics plugin.

Regards,

Steve