[SCIP] Test Set

Nick Michael nm852 at york.ac.uk
Tue Mar 29 16:28:11 CEST 2016

Hi,

My name is Nick Michael and I am a student at the University of York
working on my final year project which involves the use of SCIP. I am
trying to run automated tests as described by the guide on the website and
had a query about the use of different .set files.

I have created a file defining the test set in the 'check/testset'
directory, and I have created a settings file inside the 'settings' folder.
When I try to run the automated test I use the command 'make TEST=EX_1
SETTINGS=EX_1_Params test' which seems to compile and run fine.

When scrolling through the terminal window I noticed that despite the fact
that the test appears to run fine, at the start of each test it still
prints 'user parameter file <scip.set> not found - using default
parameters'.

As a result I am unsure of whether or not the parameters are actually
changing or not. In the '.set' file in the results it shows the correct
parameters, however when I try to change the limits it doesn't actually
have any effect on the automated runs which leads me to believe the
parameters are being accepted but then not used.

I hope to hear back soon!
Thanks,
Nick