[SCIP] Test Set

Jakob Witzig witzig at zib.de
Tue Mar 29 17:52:30 CEST 2016

Hi Nick!

Just a short additional remark: To change the solving time (e.g., 100)
and number of nodes (e.g., 5) you have to use 'make TIME=100 NODES=5 test'.

Cheers,
Jakob

Am 29.03.2016 um 17:15 schrieb Benjamin Müller:
> Dear Nick,
>
> nice to hear that you want to use SCIP for your project!
>
> Whenever you start SCIP it checks whether there is a "scip.set" file in
> your working directory. If this is the case SCIP uses all values
> specified in this file as the default.Otherwise, SCIP is using it's
> default values for all parameters.
>
> So, if you see your parameter changes in the *.set file everything
> should be fine. Which parameters did you change? Do you see any changes
> in the *.res or *.out files?
>

> Regards,
>
> Benny
>
> On 03/29/2016 04:28 PM, Nick Michael wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> My name is Nick Michael and I am a student at the University of York
>> working on my final year project which involves the use of SCIP. I am
>> trying to run automated tests as described by the guide on the website
>> and had a query about the use of different .set files.
>>
>> I have created a file defining the test set in the 'check/testset'
>> directory, and I have created a settings file inside the 'settings'
>> folder. When I try to run the automated test I use the command 'make
>> TEST=EX_1 SETTINGS=EX_1_Params test' which seems to compile and run fine.
>>
>> When scrolling through the terminal window I noticed that despite the
>> fact that the test appears to run fine, at the start of each test it
>> still prints 'user parameter file <scip.set> not found - using default
>> parameters'.
>>
>> As a result I am unsure of whether or not the parameters are actually
>> changing or not. In the '.set' file in the results it shows the
>> correct parameters, however when I try to change the limits it doesn't
>> actually have any effect on the automated runs which leads me to
>> believe the parameters are being accepted but then not used.
>>
>> I hope to hear back soon!
>> Thanks,
>> Nick

> --
> ______________________________
> Benjamin Müller
> Zuse Institute Berlin
> Takustr. 7, 14195 Berlin
> benjamin.mueller at zib.de
> +49 30 841 85-195

Jakob Witzig

Zuse Institute Berlin (ZIB)

Division Mathematical Optimization and Scientific Information
Research Group Mathematical Optimization Methods

Takustrasse 7
14195 Berlin

Tel. : +49 (0)30 84185-416
Fax  : +49 (0)30 84185-269