[SCIP] Job opening in research group Mathematical Optimization Methods at ZIB

Ambros Gleixner gleixner at zib.de
Tue May 10 13:30:57 CEST 2016

Dear SCIP community,

I wanted to draw your attention to a job opening in our research group
Mathematical Optimization Methods at ZIB.  We are looking for a
researcher with interest in computational aspects of linear programming.

Depending on the background and interest of the successful candidate,
possible projects range from designing parallel algorithms for solving
large-scale linear programs from energy applications to more technical
improvements at the core of a simplex solver.  Good knowledge of German
is a plus, because it allows interaction with our industry partners, but
it is not a must.

Depending on the qualifications of the candidate the tasks will be
suitable for a PhD or PostDoc level researcher.  Salary will be at
Berlin TV-L 13/14 depending on the qualification of the candidate.

The official job description (in German) can be found at

   http://www.zib.de/node/2398

We strongly encourage qualified women to apply for the position.

Starting date is negotiable but would ideally be August/September this
year.  Please feel free to forward this to interested candidates and
don't hesitate to contact me if you have questions.

Best regards,
Ambros

--
Ambros Gleixner, Zuse Institute Berlin, http://www.zib.de/gleixner