[SCIP] ZIMPL/ variable and constraint handling

monia hamdi monia.hamdi at yahoo.fr
Tue Oct 11 23:33:06 CEST 2016

Dear all, I wrote a model using ZIMPL. I have 32 variables (17 continuous Y[I] and 15 binary X[I])
When I generate the .mps file, I have a message saying I have 32 variables but when reading the file using scip I get only 17 variables.
This is produced because I have only products when using the variables ( Y[i in I]  * X[i in I]) which can be à priori simplified to keep only Y[i in I].But I need to consider both variables because in practice Y[i in I]  > 0.  If my information is correct , ZIMPL imposes the use of  greater or equal in the constraints (no strictly greater). In the same time I cannot use Y[i in I]  >= epsilon with epsilon near zero.I get the all zeros as a solution which is a ''mathematical'' optimal solution but not an admissible solution. I don't know how to avoid this situation.

Thank you for your help. Monia Hamdi