[SCIP] reformulations and convex MINLP

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Fri Apr 14 23:35:33 CEST 2017

Hi,

both is still correct for SCIP 4.
One exception might be the disaggregation of SOC, which was added with
SCIP 4.

There is also the recent paper
http://nbn-resolving.de/urn:nbn:de:0297-zib-59377
which at the beginning of Section 2.4.1 states that underestimators for
each summand (f(x), g(x)) are computed and then summed up for a single
cut. (my thesis should say the same somewhere)
Indeed, there are cases where splitting up the sum and adding additional
auxiliary variables would be more efficient. One reason against it had
to do with summing up of small violations of auxiliary constraints.

Looking forward to see your thesis :),
Stefan

http://www.gams.com/~stefan