[SCIP] Help with Understanding SCIP Objective function values

James.Gunning at csiro.au James.Gunning at csiro.au
Sat Apr 15 02:20:13 CEST 2017

Natalia,

      FWIW, if the integer variable spans not too great a range, one possible idea is to write it a a sum of booleans (\sum 2^k x_k type thing). Then you

get a bunch of boolean quadratic terms, each of which can be relaxed using the standard Fortet linearisation (google away). Sometimes it works OK. Often

the relaxation isn't of great quality. If the dimensionality is not too high then SDP might be interesting. Others may have much better ideas.

Cheers

   James.

James Gunning
CSIRO