[SCIP] Print Solution values as debug message in scip

Thorsten Koch koch at zib.de
Sat Apr 22 23:15:47 CEST 2017

Hi Natalia,

this has no meaning. With floating point numbers the sign
is stored independently of the value. Just happens and can
be ignored.

In C if you do

if (0.0 == -0.0)
  this is evaluate as true.

BR
Thorsten

Am 22.04.17 um 22:36 schrieb Natalia Perina:
> Hi there,
>
> I am trying to debug my code and print the solution values of integer
> variables.
>
> I am using this line:
>
> SCIPdebugMsg(scip, "actual val=%d \n", SCIPgetSolVal(subscip, sol,
> x_var[w][d]));
>
> x_var is of the type SCIP_VARTYPE_BINARY
>
> the problem is that when i print it, it is giving me weird values , i.e. it
> is printing "-0.0000" , so giving me a negative zero? I can't tell if this
> is because of the formatting or some other error?
>
> Thanks,
> Natalia

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
Curiosity has its own reason for existing.          -- Albert Einstein
Prof. Dr. Thorsten Koch /       Technische Universität Berlin
www.zib.de/koch        /                   and
koch at zib.de           /          Zuse Institute Berlin (ZIB)
_____________________/       Takustraße 7, 14195 Berlin, Germany
       and also                Phone +49-30-84185-213, Fax -269
KOBV : Kooperativer Bibliotheksverbund Berlin Brandenburg
digiS: Servicestelle Digitalisierung des Landes Berlin