[SCIP] CIP format

Gregor Hendel hendel at zib.de
Tue Aug 15 09:21:17 CEST 2017

Dear James and list,

as you obviously already know but maybe some people on the list don't,
the CIP format represents SCIPs own input format. Problems are
representable by the format if all involved constraints/constraint
handlers have working print and parse callbacks. If the problem features
only default constraints, then they are most likely writeable and parseable.

Unfortunately, there is currently no standard reference on the CIP
format other than the source code itself. Official format specifications
may change between releases (when we increase the max length of an input
line etc.). However, CIP format examples that cover most use cases seem
rather maneageable. We will discuss this during a meeting how to proceed.

Kind regards,
Gregor