[SCIP] reoptimization issue

Jakob Witzig witzig at zib.de
Mon Jun 26 09:20:56 CEST 2017

Hi James,

can you tell me the name of the constraint handler, i.e., just print
SCIPconshdlrGetName(conshdlr), and the constraints itself, i.e.,
SCIPprintCons(scip, cons, NULL, FALSE)?

The problem is, that SCIP needs to collect and store the data, e.g.,
local constraints, from the current node in its internal data structure
to reactivate the node in the next reoptimization run. Unfortunately,
the constraints cannot be stored as SCIP_CONS* of some constraint
handler. Here, SCIP distinguishes between linear constraints (e.g.,
linear, logicor, and setppc) and bounddisjuction constraints. I see the
issue with customized constraint handlers, but need to think about this
how this can be handled.

Thanks for the bug report!

Cheers,
Jakob

Am 21.06.2017 um 16:06 schrieb James Cussens:
> I am using reoptimization in SCIP using the following parameter settings:
>
> reoptimization/enable = TRUE
> reoptimization/sepabestsol = TRUE
>
> In my code I essentially have the following (after defining the problem):
>
>   for( i = 0; i < n; i++ )
>   {
>       SCIP_CALL( SCIPsolve(scip) );
>       SCIP_CALL( SCIPfreeReoptSolve(scip) );
> }
>
> When I execute I often get the first few 'best' solutions found but
> eventually I always get a crash with the following error message (when
> running in DEBUG mode):
>
> src/scip/reopt.c:2384: saveLocalConssData: Assertion
> `strcmp(SCIPconshdlrGetName(conshdlr), "bounddisjunction") == 0' failed.
>

> I assume this is due to some deficiency in a constraint handler I have
> written. A missing (or perhaps faulty) method perhaps.
>
> An example of this behaviour is attached.
>
> Any clues as to what might be the problem would be appreciated.
> Running without reoptimization is fine.
>
> --
> James Cussens
> Dept of Computer Science &
> York Centre for Complex Systems Analysis
> Room 326, The Hub, Deramore Lane            Tel +44 (0)1904 325371
> <tel:+44%201904%20325371>
> University of York  Fax +44 (0)1904 500159 <tel:+44%201904%20500159>
> York YO10 5GE, UK http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/~jc
> <http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/%7Ejc>
> http://www.york.ac.uk/docs/disclaimer/email.htm
> <http://www.york.ac.uk/docs/disclaimer/email.htm>

Jakob Witzig

Zuse Institute Berlin (ZIB)

Division Mathematical Optimization and Scientific Information
Research Group Mathematical Optimization Methods

Takustrasse 7
14195 Berlin

Tel. : +49 (0)30 84185-416
Fax  : +49 (0)30 84185-269