[SCIP] wrong bounds in vbcfile?

Gotzes, Uwe Dr. Uwe.Gotzes at open-grid-europe.com
Mon Mar 6 15:59:15 CET 2017

Hi there,

I have a question regarding the influence of the kind of a problem (maximization or minimization) on scip's vbcfile-output.

I have a minimization problem (air04min.lp), that I transformed into an equivalent maximization problem by multiplying the objective by -1 (air04max.lp).

Depending on the settings file that I use, the vbcfile-output looks exactly the same for the max and for the min problem or the bounds in the vbcfile have the opposite sign. In the latter case the generated vbcfile is no longer correct in my opinion. For instance the lines with a "U" in the vbcfile do no longer contain upper bounds for the maximization problem.

Unfortunately, I cannot figure out which setting yield the same (and correct) bounds for both problems in the vbcfile. Can anybody help?

With the default settings (except "set vis vbc" and "set vis dis") the signs differ in the vbcfile and with the attached settings the generated vbcfiles are identical.

Best,
Uwe