[SCIP] Example of usage of LP Interface to Soplex

Matthias Miltenberger miltenberger at zib.de
Wed Mar 22 20:18:52 CET 2017

Dear Guillermo,

the answer to your question depends on your use case. If you only want
to interface SoPlex as an LP solver than you don't need the LPi or even
SCIP in general. A very short example code is in example.cpp in the
SoPlex distribution.

If you want to interface using the LPi, though, there is no real example
code for this - you would have to look at the available methods in
lpi_spx2.cpp or in any other of the available LPis or look at their
header file lpi.h.

The advantage of the second method is that you can swap the LP solver
without having to change your code. I would still recommend avoiding the
additional overhead of the LP interface and going with option 1.

cheers
Matthias