[SCIP] Example of usage of LP Interface to Soplex

Guillermo Irisarri Guillermo.Irisarri at oati.net
Wed Mar 22 20:31:59 CET 2017

Hello Matthias:

Thank you for your answers. My objective is to get the final SCIP solution to a MIP problem I am solving, and do an LP to get "some" dual variables from the LP. I do this right after the SCIP solution and managed to get it done along the lines of Soplex example.cpp. I used all variables and constraints as already determined for SCIP and that saves time. However, entering the same into Soplex via addRealVar, etc., seems to be very expensive. The LP solution is fast once you have the problem set, but entering vars and constraints seems slow. Is it possible the lpi/lp API would not be any faster (maybe not since they are related, of course), unless there is a better way to connect the SCIP/Soplex. Is there a better way? I am using SCIP 4.0.0 and Soplex 3.0.0.

Thanks again for your advise and help!

Regards

Guillermo