[SCIP] Reoptimization: ensure that the same solution is not used twice?

Jakob Witzig witzig at zib.de
Tue May 2 11:28:39 CEST 2017

Hi Natalia,

when reoptimization is enabled SCIP keeps track of all solutions found
so far over all reoptimization-runs. SCIP will also check all these
solutions w.r.t to the new objective function. Thus, there is no need
that you keep track of the solutions found so far by your self.
Moreover, I would not recommend to forbid these solutions explicitly.
Adding constraints/cuts that separate these solutions will lead to a
slow down.

Cheers,
Jakob

Am 30.04.2017 um 06:51 schrieb Natalia Perina:
> Hi there,
>
> I am trying to use reoptimization on a subscip in my pricer. Is there
> a way to find one solution, change the objective function, and
> store/negate the solution to ensure that the same solution is not
> found and used in subsequent rounds of pricing/reoptimization?
>
> Thanks so much - all help appreciated greatly!
> Natali
>

> --
> Natalia Perina
> Princeton University l 2017
> nperina at princeton.edu <mailto:nperina at princeton.edu>
> 202 360 9536

Jakob Witzig

Zuse Institute Berlin (ZIB)

Division Mathematical Optimization and Scientific Information
Research Group Mathematical Optimization Methods

Takustrasse 7
14195 Berlin

Tel. : +49 (0)30 84185-416
Fax  : +49 (0)30 84185-269