[SCIP] SOCP subproblems as heurstics

Miles Lubin miles.lubin at gmail.com
Mon May 29 22:42:43 CEST 2017

Dear SCIP experts,

I have one more question on SCIP's behavior so that I can accurately
characterize it in my thesis. From my discussions with Felipe Serrano last
year, I understood that SCIP when acting as an MISOCP solver will
occasionally use Ipopt (if available) to solve SOCP subproblems as
heuristic for feasible solutions. In these subproblems, is it always the
case that all integer variables are fixed, or are there also subproblems
solved with a strict subset of the integer variables fixed with the hope
that the optimal solution will satisfy integrality?

Thanks!
Miles