[SCIP] How to display values of parameters set in *.set file

Jakob Witzig witzig at zib.de
Tue May 30 08:20:40 CEST 2017

HI Vladimir,

to see all parameters that are set to a non-default value you can type
'display parameters', e.g.,

SCIP> set emphasis cpsolver
SCIP> display parameters

number of parameters = 2138
non-default parameter settings:
conflict/minmaxvars = 10
conflict/fuiplevels = 1
conflict/reconvlevels = 0
conflict/restartnum = 250
conflict/restartfac = 2
conflict/conflictweight = 1
constraints/disableenfops = TRUE
history/valuebased = TRUE
lp/solvefreq = -1
nodeselection/childsel = d
numerics/boundstreps = 1e-06
presolving/maxrestarts = 10
nodeselection/dfs/stdpriority = 536870911

Cheers
Jakob

Am 30.05.2017 um 08:02 schrieb Benjamin Müller:
> Dear Vladimir,
>
> you could enter
>
>     set nodeselection
>
> and then verify that the line of childsel ends with [p].
> Alternatively, after setting different parameters it is possible to
> write all changed parameters (i.e., different from their default
> value) into a file via
>
>     set diffsave diff.set
>
> and then quickly check which settings have been changed. Note that if
> your settings file contains an unknown parameter, then SCIP will print
> a warning message:
>
>     WARNING: unknown parameter <...>
>
> Cheers,
> Benny
>
> On 05/30/2017 01:55 AM, Vladimir V. Voloshinov wrote:
>> Dear all,
>> excuse me for, probably, a silly question...
>>
>> Is it possible to display (in console) values of parameters which have
>> been set in *.set file?
>> Or to display parameters whose values differs from default values...?
>>
>> For, example I have *.set file containing
>> display/freq=500
>> nodeselection/childsel=p
>>
>> I see in stdout that every 500 iterations are displayed,
>> but how I can be sure that "selection rule" is set to "pseudo costs"?
>>
>> Sincerely yours,
>> Vladimir

Jakob Witzig

Zuse Institute Berlin (ZIB)

Division Mathematical Optimization and Scientific Information
Research Group Mathematical Optimization Methods

Takustrasse 7
14195 Berlin

Tel. : +49 (0)30 84185-416
Fax  : +49 (0)30 84185-269