[SCIP] How does branching affect pricing in SCIP

myroslav myroslav.kryven at uni-wuerzburg.de
Wed Aug 29 12:17:29 CEST 2018

Dear SCIP community,

I wanted to ask about how branching affects pricing and how it is
managed in SCIP.  If I understand how variables are added in SCIP,  I
can't think of a scenario when branching decisions really affect
pricing.  A branching decision is made on variables known to SCIP (those
that have been already generated/ present in SCIP), so a branching
constraint involving these variables is not taken into account when we
price new variables. I would appreciate if someone could clear that out.

Thanks,

Myroslav