[SCIP] Constaint Copying in UG

Tom Pottage tp727 at york.ac.uk
Fri Feb 16 12:26:47 CET 2018

 Hi,

I am having problems with adding a custom constraint handler plugin. The
plugin works when used with SCIP on it's own however I am struggling to get
it to work with UG and fiberSCIP.

When my custom constraint handler is required to solve a problem the
program fails an assert in the function scipParaInstancePth::bcast line 396:
assert( nVars == n );

I assume this is because I have failed to implement the CONSCOPY callback
correctly in my constraint handler. In this function I am
using SCIPgetVarCopy to get the copies for each variable stored in the
CONSData from the hashmap. The problem is that some of the variables I am
trying to copy are not in the hashmap because they are aggregated or
multi-aggregated. This means SCIPgetVarCopy creates a new variable
increasing nVars for the target SCIP instance and therefore fails the
assert.

Would you be able to give me some guidance on how I could go about fixing
this problem. I am using SCIPOptimization suite 5.0.1.

Best regards,
Tom