[SCIP] vbcfile 4.0.1

Marc Pfetsch pfetsch at mathematik.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Jan 5 18:50:10 CET 2018

Dear Uwe and everybody who is interested,

for the logs: There was a bug that prevented SCIP from the output of an
"A" line if the solution was found within probing, e.g. during strong
branching. The corresponding fix will be available with the next SCIP
release.

Best

Marc

On 24/11/17 16:06, Gotzes, Uwe Dr. wrote:
>> The order should be "A ..." to indicate that a solution has been found.
>> As a consequence, the bounds are sometimes updated afterwards (but not always, i.e. if the solution does not improve the bound) and a message is printed ("L ..." or "U ...").
>
> Does that mean an L should only be printed into the vbc-output if there occurred an A prior to it?
>
> Example:
> A,A,L,A,L is a typical sequence of A and L (the other indicator letters are omitted), while
> A,A,L,L,A should not appear in the output?
>
> Attached you find a problem (solved with scip-4-0-1 and standard settings) and it's vbc-output where in line 60 the indicator L appears without a line with the indicator A prior to it.
>
> Is this intended, or is it a bug?
>
> If it is intended, what is the meaning of it?
>
> Thanks and best regards
> Uwe

>>> (000000000075B280)\idepth:\t0\nvar:\t-\nbound:\t-10000000000000000000