[SCIP] Building GCG after building SCIP with CMake

Matthias Walter matthias at matthiaswalter.org
Sun Jun 10 22:54:36 CEST 2018

Dear Michael,

as far as I can tell, GCG shipped with previous releases can only be
built when SCIP is also built using the Makefile (so without cmake).
This will change with the next release (coming soon), in which GCG can
be built with cmake, too.

Until then, the following workaround worked for me:

1. Compile gcg with `make SHARED=true`.
2. As long as this triggers any errors on missing SCIP-related shared
libraries (such as libscip, libtpi*, liblpi*, libobjscip...), created
the desired ones (for me it was looking in scip/lib/shared/ for them) as
symlinks to the cmake-built shared library libscip.so.

This is really a hack, since the linker for GCG will link to libscip.so
several times, but it seems to be clever enough to figure out the
duplicates.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I guess this will be better with the
upcoming release!

Best,
Matthias

On 10.06.2018 00:06, Michael Gough wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to build GCG. I build SCIP with CMake and it produced
> sharable libraries. Now GCG make is looking for static libraries.
>
> Can anyone tell me their way of building SCIP with GCG?
>
> Michael Gough

Dr. Matthias Walter
RWTH Aachen University
Chair of Operations Research