[SCIP] ParaSCIP library: need simple tutorial on how to launch the solver

Yuji Shinano shinano at zib.de
Tue Jun 19 14:11:51 CEST 2018

Hi,

On 2018/06/19 11:26, Abdelkader Ouali wrote:
> I'm currently using scip 5.0.1 to solve BLP/ILP models.
> I have some remarks when compiling the current version and i'm looking
> for a tutorial on how to use ParaSCIP as a library.

Unfortunately, the tutorial is not prepared.

> # Remarks
>
> I followed the cmake instructions to compile the SCIP suite optimization tool.
> Since i'm interested in the  parallel version, the generated Makefile didn't include
> the configuration of UG and GCG modules.
> I checked the CMakeLists.txt, and neither .../gcg/CMakeLists.txt or .../ug/ CMakeLists.txt
> exists.
 >
> So i compiled the whole thing using the provided Makefile in the root folder which worked
> fine.

cmake build is not supported for UG, currently.

When you make ParaSCIP under ug directory to compile it with COMM=mpi,
then

lib/libugscip-0.x.x.linux.x86_64.gnu.opt.mpi.a

is generated under ug/lib directory. It is already generated.

> # Questions
>
> Is there a way to include the UG module in one single library when making scipoptlib?

Unfortunately, currently there is not.

> I'm look for a tutorial on how to use ParaSCIP as library (C++ code), if there is anyone who can
> give me a push on this part?

We are not planning to prepare it. However, I hope you can find how to use it to look at
Steiner Tree Problem solver example in

ug/ug_scip_applications/STP

Best regards,
Yuji