[SCIP] How to deactivate aging and avoid scip internal pricer ?

Sandra Ulrich Ngueveu ngueveu at laas.fr
Thu Jun 28 09:01:54 CEST 2018

Hello Gerald,

Thank you very much for your reply.

The model is small (302 variables).

Setting parameter age limit to -1 does not seem to deactivate scip
internal pricing (442 variables from our pricing versus 66334 from scip).

Also, let me specify that at the beginning of each pricing
phase///PRICERREDCOST, /we displayed the number of variables previously
added by our pricer and the result of SCIPgetNPricevarsFound. During
several iterations, the two numbers were the same. But at some point the
second number becomes higher than the first, and the difference between
the two numbers increases until the end of the branch-and-price.

The statistics displayed at the end (with scipprintstatistics) showed
that scip's pricer is very fast (0.03s), so we not longer expect to gain
any speed-up there.

But we would still like to deactivate it if possible, to help us
investigating the following issue : Let's consider two disjoint sets of
columns S1 and S2, and their union Sall (= S1 U S2). We are trying to
understand why in our branch-and-price, adding Sall leads to a worse
final solution than adding S1 example. Therefore we are carefully
rechecking our code and we would like to deactivate scip's pricer if
possible.

Best regards,

Sandra

--

Maître de Conférences / Associate Professor
http://homepages.laas.fr/sungueve
ngueveu at laas.fr
Equipe ROC
LAAS-CNRS