[SCIP] How to get the time for solving the root node?

Gregor Hendel hendel at zib.de
Thu May 17 10:50:39 CEST 2018

Hello Shaon,

SCIP does not have a dedicated function to query the total root node
time. You can query the time that was needed to solve the initial root
LP calling SCIPgetFirstLPTime(scip).

If you want to know the total time that root node solving takes, set a
node limit of 1 to the solving process, such that it is interrupted at
the end of the root, and you can query the normal solving time of SCIP
using SCIPgetSolvingTime(scip).
If presolving takes long, you may want to subtract
SCIPclockGetTime(scip->stat->presolvetime).

After this, you disable the node limit and continue the solution process
as usual.

Best,
Gregor