[SCIP] SCIP Optimization Suite 3.1.0

Gregor Hendel hendel at zib.de
Mon Apr 8 01:12:05 CEST 2019

Dear Leila,

Am 01.04.19 um 14:42 schrieb ghasemzadeh at itu.edu.tr:

> Dear Hendel,
>
> Thank you so much for your prompt and detailed response.
>
> I prefer to implement the method in SCIP 6.0.1 but the available code
> can be run just in SCIP 3.1.0. I contacted the author and asked for a
> newer version of their implementation but they didn't have.

I didn't expect that. But what did they answer when you asked the
question "I am trying to compile your package, but I get an error. Here
is my setup. Can you help?" Infact, if they provide you with source
code, it is their responsibility to also provide you with a README file
on how to set things up. I assume that on this entire mailing list with
400+ people,  nobody can do that because nobody has the source code. If
they don't have a README, ask for it. If they provide a README, but you
struggle following the steps, ask them for clarification.

> 1) If you have the implementation of the code in SCIP6, it would be so
> helpful if I can have it.

(Unfortunately?) no.

> 2) For the installation error I provided in my previous email, my
> system config is as follows:
> OS: Ubuntu 18.04
> Compiler: gcc 7.3.0
> I used scipoptsuite-3.1.0
>
> Indeed, The scipoptsuite suite is installed and tested completely and
> once I try to make the paper code implementation, it faces the
> problems which are screenshot in my previous email.
>
> 3) BTW, as i understood it is better to use SCIP and CPLEX (as the LP
> solver) to implement that code instead of using scipoptsuit, right?

It depends. I suggest to reread my answer below.

Good luck,
Gregor