[SCIP] Using GuRoBi as LP solver: error in compilation using make LPS=grb ZIMPL=false

Naga Venkata Chaitanya Gudapati - nagavenkata.gudapati@studio.unibo.it nagavenkata.gudapati at studio.unibo.it
Wed Dec 11 06:33:03 CET 2019

Hello Everyone,

I had never used SCIP before and I am hoping to use it for branch and price. I had never used CPLEX before and I am mostly familiar with GuROBi (I currently have my "column generation" Framework in GuRoBi) but I am facing lot of issues in trying to compile SCIP using GuRoBi as an LP solver.

I compile using

make LPS=grb ZIMPL=false

I am facing issues at these following areas:

> Enter soft-link target file or directory for "lib/include/grbinc" (return if not needed):

I am not 100% sure where this directory is. I  am currently using this directory for the include

    /Library/gurobi810/mac64/include

and then for the library

> Enter soft-link target file or directory for "lib/shared/libgurobi.darwin.x86_64.gnu.so" (return if not needed):

and I am using this directory

/Library/gurobi810/mac64/lib

I think the paths are wrong as it is failing to compile.

This is the error I am getting:

ld: can't map file, errno=22 file '/Users/cgudapati/scipoptsuite-6.0.2/scip/lib/shared/libgurobi.darwin.x86_64.gnu.so'

clang: error:
linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

build failed with READLINE=true: if readline is not available, try building with READLINE=false

build failed with ZLIB=true: if ZLIB is not available, try building with ZLIB=false

build failed with GMP=true: if GMP is not available, try building with GMP=false (note that this will deactivate Zimpl support)

make[3]: *** [bin/scip-6.0.2.darwin.x86_64.gnu.opt.grb.none] Error 1

make[2]: *** [all] Error 2

make[1]: *** [scipbinary] Error 2

make: *** [scipbinary] Error 2

I understand the error and SCIP is telling me that it cannot find the .so library and neither can I.  I realize that GuRoBi support is still in Beta but any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Nag