[SCIP] Using GuRoBi as LP solver: error in compilation using make LPS=grb ZIMPL=false

Gerald Gamrath gamrath at zib.de
Wed Dec 11 09:18:32 CET 2019

Dear Nag,

on the other hand, if you want to keep using the Makefile, compiling
SCIP should not be too hard either, you just need to set the correct links.
When SCIP asks you for the links, it should print some explanation at
the top of the prompt, which also gives some more details about where
your links should point to:

> * SCIP needs some softlinks to external programs, in particular,
> LP-solvers.
> * Please insert the paths to the corresponding directories/libraries
> below.
> * The links will be installed in the 'lib/include' and 'lib/static'
> directories.
> * For more information and if you experience problems see the INSTALL
> file.
>
>   -> "grbinc" is the path to the Gurobi "include" directory, e.g.,
> "<Gurobi-path>/include".
>   -> "libgurobi.*" is the path to the Gurobi library, e.g.,
> "<Gurobi-path>/lib/libgurobi.so"

Thus, you set the grbinc link correctly, but the
libgurobi.darwin.x86_64.gnu.so link should point directly to the shared
library of Gurobi, which should be
/Library/gurobi810/mac64/lib/libgurobi81.so in your case.

If you want to update the links you can run "make LPS=grb ZIMPL=false
links", which will ask you for new targets.