[SCIP] Precompiled SCIP binaries

Matthias Koeppe mkoeppe at math.ucdavis.edu
Thu Jan 17 19:49:32 CET 2019

Dear SCIP friends,
I am trying again to use SCIP for a class that I teach at UC Davis and
have received a number of complaints from students who are trying to
install it on their own machines. (Of course, I'm providing a working
version of SCIP on lab computers.)

Basically, all the binaries for Mac and Windows are broken in various ways.
The last working version for Mac is the statically linked 4.0.0.
The DMGs for 5.0.1 and 6.0.0 give an error "No mountable file systems"
on students' Macs and also on my Mac.
The 6.0.1 DMG can be opened, but the SCIP binary has unresolved shared
library references to libgmp from /usr/local.

The 6.0.1 binary for Windows (not sure if 32bit or 64bit was tested)
is apparently built without ZIMPL.

My recommendation: Delete untested & broken binaries from the website...

Best
Matthias
--
Dr. Matthias Koeppe . . . . . . . . http://www.math.ucdavis.edu/~mkoeppe