[SCIP] Precompiled SCIP binaries

Gregor Hendel hendel at zib.de
Fri Jan 18 09:29:30 CET 2019

Dear Matthias,

thank you very much for this feedback, we are sorry for your troubles.
We are testing the installation procedure for Mac, Linux, and Windows,
but of course only in specific environments.

The Mac-problem (no mountable file system) has appeared before and could
result from an incompatible Mac version, see this post
<https://deciphertools.com/blog/2017-10-02-no-mountable-file-systems/>.
It would be interesting to know whether

- all or only some Mac users experience the same trouble, and
- which are the actual Mac OS versions affected.

Shipping the Windows installer without ZIMPL is intended, as we
currently cannot resolve some library issues specific to ZIMPL. I agree
that this should have been made more transparent on the Web-Page.

Kind regards,
Gregor