[SCIP] Precompiled SCIP binaries

Matthias Koeppe mkoeppe at math.ucdavis.edu
Fri Jan 18 18:56:48 CET 2019

Dear Gregor,

Thanks very much.

On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 12:29 AM Gregor Hendel <hendel at zib.de> wrote:
> The Mac-problem (no mountable file system) has appeared before and could result from an incompatible Mac version, see this post. It would be interesting to know whether
>
> - all or only some Mac users experience the same trouble, and
> - which are the actual Mac OS versions affected.

I am still running Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11.6) here. One student who
reported this trouble with "no mountable file system" had an older Mac
that was probably not running a current version.

Stefan kindly added a statically linked Mac executable at
https://scip.zib.de/download.php?fname=scip-6.0.1.darwin.x86_64.gnu.opt.spx2.none.zip
which works well.

> Shipping the Windows installer without ZIMPL is intended, as we currently cannot resolve some library issues specific to ZIMPL. I agree that this should have been made more transparent on the Web-Page.

Thanks for the info. Then I can tell my students who are using Windows
to stop trying to find a version that includes ZIMPL -  and use our
lab computers instead.

Best,
Matthias
--