[SCIP] Finding a feasible solution

Jakob Witzig witzig at zib.de
Mon Mar 11 17:09:51 CET 2019

Hi Jennifer,

this sounds very strange and like a bug. Usually, SCIP should not claim
infeasibility if it finds a solution on a tighter model. If you want,
you can send me your model via a personal mail and I will have a look.

Which SCIP version and which LP solver do you use?

Best,
Jakob

Am 11.03.19 um 16:21 schrieb Jennifer Uebbing:
> Hello fellow SCIP users,
>
> I am facing a problem with using SCIP and hope, that someone can help
> me with this:
>
> If I plug in my model and solve it, I get the result that it is
> infeasible. However, if I add a constraint, which fixes a specific
> binary variable to one, SCIP does find a feasible solution. Why can
> SCIP not find this solution without this constraint? I could also make
> SCIP find this solution in the original problem (without fixing the
> variable), by enforcing branching on this binary variable first.
>
> Can someone explain the behavior of SCIP to me? Why does this happen?
>
> Best regards,
> Jennifer

Jakob Witzig

Zuse Institute Berlin (ZIB)

Division Mathematical Optimization and Scientific Information
Research Group Mathematical Optimization Methods

Takustrasse 7
14195 Berlin

Tel. : +49 (0)30 84185-416
Fax  : +49 (0)30 84185-269