[SCIP] XOR failed assertion

Tilo Wiedera twiedera at uos.de
Tue May 21 09:14:03 CEST 2019

Dear SCIP developers,

I've attached a program (main.cpp) that fails because of a SCIP assertion.
The error message is "src/scip/cons_xor.c:2368: checkSystemGF2:
Assertion `SCIPvarGetType(var) == SCIP_VARTYPE_BINARY' failed.".

The program creates an ILP consisting of 10 binary and 4 continuous
variables, and 5 constraints.

The problem seems to occur independent of the LP-solver.
We are using Cplex 12.8., SCIP 6.0.1 and compile with gcc 7.3.

In addition, I have attached an LP file (fail.lp) of the ILP that also
leads to a crash when using the SCIP command line to read and optimize
it (in debug mode).

Kind regards
Tilo

Tilo Wiedera, M.Sc.
Research Assistant
Theoretical Computer Science
Institute of Computer Science
Osnabrueck University
Wachsbleiche 27, D-49090 Osnabrueck, GERMANY
Webpage: http://tcs.uos.de/staff/wiedera
Phone: +49 (0) 541 - 969 3475
Mail: twiedera at uni-osnabrueck.de