[SCIP] Variable bounds after using SCIPfixVar

Oliver Zier ozier at MPA-Garching.MPG.DE
Wed Oct 23 16:40:19 CEST 2019

Hi all,

I am implementing branch and price using SCIP to solve a scheduling
problem. I used the binpacking problem as my template and my conshdlr is
pretty the same as cons_samediff. However, I ran into problem with fixing
variables e.g there are 5 columns and 4 are fixed to 0 (sum of these 5
variables must be 1) so the remaining variable is sure to be 1 but
master's solution gives one of the fixed-to-0 variables value 1. So my
master solution does not change at all after branching. I checked the
local LB and UB of variables after SCIPfixVar and just after it enters
scip_redcost and the bounds look correct to me. Can anyone give me ideas
what can go wrong here / what I can check?
Thank you in advance.
Best,
Oliver