[SCIP] Cover Inequalities for Knapsack

Marc Pfetsch pfetsch at mathematik.tu-darmstadt.de
Sat Apr 18 18:33:59 CEST 2020

Dear Matheus,

cover inequalities are separated automatically. But since the separation
problem is NP-hard in general, one needs to be careful about the
separation algorithms.

An overview on most of the cutting planes is given in Chapter 8 of the
PhD thesis of Tobias Achterberg, available through the SCIP web page.
Details on knapsack inequalities are given in the diploma thesis of Kati
Wolter (http://www.zib.de/groetschel/students/Diplom-Wolter-2006.pdf).

Note that the development of SCIP has evolved since then (i.e. since
2007 and 2006), so the performance of SCIP 7 will be different.

Best

Marc