[SCIP] Warning about unreleased variables?

Franzen, Christian franzen at or.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Dec 2 11:05:09 CET 2020

Dear SCIP Team.

Currently I am implementing a branching rule within my branch-and-price-and-cut solver. That seems to work correctly so far. However, whenever I am done with solving and call SCIPfree() to cleanup all resources I see the following warning in the logs

WARNING: Transformed variable <PathFlow_agg4191_path25> not released when freeing SCIP.

Better to say, I see thousands of them. These seems to be related to my branching rule, since I do not see the warnings when solving only the root node. So it seems to be not related to my Pricer or Separators. I couldn't find anything in the documentation, but is there a chance that one of the methods for finding branching candidates is capturing the corrsponding variables (e.g., SCIPgetLPBranchCands)? I do not capture them on my one and I am quite sure I am releasing all (original) variables after creation. Any ideas what I missed here?

Regards

Christian