[SCIP] Adding separating cuts at root node only

Naga Venkata Chaitanya Gudapati - nagavenkata.gudapati@studio.unibo.it nagavenkata.gudapati at studio.unibo.it
Wed Jul 15 16:51:31 CEST 2020

Hello SCIP community,

I have created a constraint handler using the following piece of c++ code

ObjConshdlr(scip, "subour", "subtour 3_constraints",
         1000000, -2000000, -2000000, 0, -1, 1, 0,
         FALSE, FALSE, TRUE, SCIP_PROPTIMING_BEFORELP, SCIP_PRESOLTIMING_FAST)

I used the TSP example as foundation and followed the documentation here, https://www.scipopt.org/doc/html/classscip_1_1ObjConshdlr.php

I am keeping sepafreq at 0 so that the cuts are only added at the root node. But I noticed that some of the functions of the constraint handler like findSubtour are still getting called after the branching starts. Is there something else I have to do?

Thanks for the help,
Naga