[SCIP] Adding separating cuts at root node only

Ambros Gleixner gleixner at zib.de
Wed Jul 15 17:21:15 CEST 2020

Dear Naga,

This could happen when a sub-SCIP heuristic is called in the tree.  You
could check this by printing SCIPgetProbName(), since sub-SCIP
heuristics typically append their name to the problem name of the
original SCIP.

Best,
Ambros

Am 15.07.20 um 16:51 schrieb Naga Venkata Chaitanya Gudapati -
nagavenkata.gudapati at studio.unibo.it:
> Hello SCIP community,
>
> I have created a constraint handler using the following piece of c++ code
>
> ObjConshdlr(scip, "subour", "subtour 3_constraints",
>           1000000, -2000000, -2000000, 0, -1, 1, 0,
>           FALSE, FALSE, TRUE, SCIP_PROPTIMING_BEFORELP, SCIP_PRESOLTIMING_FAST)
>
> I used the TSP example as foundation and followed the documentation here, https://www.scipopt.org/doc/html/classscip_1_1ObjConshdlr.php
>
> I am keeping sepafreq at 0 so that the cuts are only added at the root node. But I noticed that some of the functions of the constraint handler like findSubtour are still getting called after the branching starts. Is there something else I have to do?
>
> Thanks for the help,
> Naga

Ambros Gleixner, Research Group Mathematical Optimization Methods at
Zuse Institute Berlin, http://www.zib.de/gleixner