[SCIP] Price and cut loop

Maher, Stephen S.J.Maher at exeter.ac.uk
Wed Jul 29 08:22:15 CEST 2020

Hi Albert,

I am not totally sure of your problem here. I will explain what should be happening, and hopefully this will help you find the answer.

When you set the result to SCIP_CONSADDED, then this should trigger the resolving of the LP, which should lead to an additional pricing round. The LP will first be solved to update the dual variables. Since you say that the gap is completely closed after the separation round, then this means that there is not need to enter pricing. The addition of new variables will not improve the dual bound of the LP any further. Nothing you do will trigger a new pricing round.

I suggest that you check the correctness of your separator. This could be a source of the error, since this is where you first recognise the issue. Otherwise, the pricer may be terminating early, which could also lead to this behaviour.

Regards,

Steve